|- use time zones to identify time differences among trading partners|
A Link to Learning web-based student learning activity www.linktolearning.com
This activity is based on the WorldTimeZone web site which displays a 24-hour world time zones map with the current time.
Using the time zone map, answer the following questions.
1. How many time zones are there between Vancouver, B.C. and Halifax, N.S.? _________
2. If it is 12 noon in Vancouver, what time is it in Halifax? ________________________
3. How many time zones are there between Toronto and the United Kingdom? _________________
4. At 8:00 am in Toronto, what time would it be in London, England? ____________________
5. If you are travelling from Toronto to Germany will you "lose" or "gain" time? ___________________
6. If you are travelling from Toronto to Chile will you "lose" or "gain" time? ____________________
7. Use the map to complete this table. Use today's date and the current
There is space for you to choose two other locations.
|Location||Number of Time Zones From Local||Date||Time|
|Your town or city||----------||.||.|
|Los Angeles, California||.||.||.|
|Johannesburg, South Africa||.||.||.|
8. In what ways do the time differences around the world affect trade and business?